At 10:40 AM 9/1/2004, you wrote:
Hi,

We have a job that do 'select * from big-table' on a staging mysql database, then dump to data warehouse, it is scheduled to run once a day, but may be run manually. Also we have several other small OLTP database on the same server.
When the big job run, it would use all the physical mem and swap, all other process slow down because of this.

I would like to limit the resource usage for each mysql client so that they can use only certain max amount of RAM, and don't select everything into memory before display it to users. However, I couldn't find any parameter would let me implement it.
Anybody ever encounter the same issue before? Please share your experience.

Thanks.

-

Try the Handler command with an Index if you need the results sorted. It may do the trick. :)

Mike