In the registry and/or the windows service utility see which executable is
actually in the path.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 9/2/04 9:19 AM
Subject: Re: 4.1.4 still reports itself as 4.1.3b-beta

Oh, yes, certainly, Egor. I stopped it before doing the upgrade, and
restarted afterwards. And have restarted several times since, because I
couldn't believe it!

The majority of the files now in the c:\mysql directory have creation
dates on or about 27 August, the documentation is for 4.1.4gamma, so it
does look as though the upgrade went through, as far as copying files is

concerned.

Just restarted again with no change (just in case). Any other clues?

Terry