DuBois just trumped me. Just check the version from the command line.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 9/2/04 10:13 AM
Subject: RE: 4.1.4 still reports itself as 4.1.3b-beta

Further to last message, I've found that string in three different
places
in the registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\controlset001\services\MySQL\ImagePath\

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\controlset003\services\MySQL\ImagePath\

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\services\MySQL\ImagePath\

Never having had to fiddle with the registry much in the past, can I
presume that if I ignore the first two and change the third one to read
'mysqld' instead of 'mysqld-opt', save and reboot, I should get the
right
one started? As you can tell, I'm a little wary of this.

Cheers
Terry