Anyone created one? I've got a project that consists of a product catalog
which the client wants to be "keyword" searchable. I have thought through
several possible construction scenarios...

1) Table of products consisting of a single record per product. Each record
contains a field in which they can enter a list of keywords. Search this
field using MATCH/AGAINST.
Pros: easy table construction, simple forms.
Cons: possibly introduce typographical errors when entering keywords, tons
of keywords have to be entered for each product, large table sizes.

2) Table of products consisting of a single record per product. Table of
keywords consisting of a single record per keyword. Product table contains
a field in which some kind of list (PHP Array, comma-delimited list, etc.)
of keyword record IDs is stored. Search this field with MATCH/AGAINST or
something similar.
Pros: Simple table construction, avoids redundant keyword entering
Cons: How to create list of keyword record IDs in insert form, how to list
keywords from which to choose on insert form (list, text area, checkboxes,
etc.), how to search keyword list field in product record efficiently.

3) Table of products consisting of a single record per product. Table of
keywords consisting of a single record per keyword. Product table contains
a field in which a comma-delimited list of the actual keywords selected is
stored. Search this field with MATCH/AGAINST.
Pros: Simple non-related table construction, avoids redundant keyword
entering
Cons: How to create list of keywords in insert form, how to list keywords
from which to choose on insert form (list, text area, checkboxes, etc.),
correction of mistyped keywords later

Anyone else's suggestions are welcome. I'm trying to decide how best to
construct this site. Also, if anyone knows of an online or published
tutorial on this type project, it would be welcome.

Thanx,
--
Robb Kerr
Digital IGUANA