What happens when you right click on the link, should give you the option to
save as?  Works for me w/ Mozzila

-----Original Message-----
From: Bret Busby [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, September 14, 2004 9:37 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Unable to download MySQL (fwd)

Because I have received off-list responses from different people, rather
than send the same response to everyone who responds to me off-list, my
response is below.

It appears that a problem lies in the web browser trying to open the
RPM, rather than downloading it, and, as it is trying to open the RPM,
and, incorrectly applying a real audio plugin (or trying to do that, in
the absence of such a plugin), I am unable to download the RPM.

I had tried to download the RPM using galeon, and I have also tried
using Mozilla, and neither appears to be given the option to save the
file to disk - both appear to be required to open the RPM.

I have tried different URL's, including trying the ftp URL at Oakland,
USA, and the Australian URL previously cited. I get the same problem -
instead of getting a dialogue box giving me the option of saving the
file to disk (and, in what path), the browser commences downloading the
file, to open rather than to save the file.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale

 you'll know what the answer means."
- Deep Thought,
  Chapter 28 of
  "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy:
  A Trilogy In Four Parts",
  written by Douglas Adams,
  published by Pan Books, 1992

The thing is, that I right clicked on the link, to open in a new tab, as
I expected, as the link was a URL for a different web site than the web
site where I was, that the browser tab/window would open up at the URL,
rather than automatically commencing to open or download the file. As
the download had began when I went ot the tab that had opened, I had
assumed that the file was being downloaded to be saved on my disk, not
being downloaded to be opened.

It was not clear, that clicking on the link, would commence to open the
file rather than going to the URL to enable a person to download the
file to be saved to disk.