prelude:
        - utf-8 is a 'string function friendly' version of UTF-32, a character
mapping for all known human languages (with room for more). UTF is 4
bytes (4 * 8 = 32). Any of those 4 bytes can be 0, i.e. ''/NULL. A
regular library string function will end the string at the first BYTE it
finds as ''/NULL/0. UTF actually represents that character as 00 00 00
00.
        UTF uses variable length characters (1-4,5,6 maximum) but still
maintains that ANY byte = 0, is the NULL character for string functions.
This means that all sorts of characters above Decimal-128 will be in the
stream.
        My question about using a mysql database is whether it is possible to
store UTF-8 strings in the string/text style columns, keeping in mind
that a 10 DISPLAYED character string may actually take 40 to 60 bytes.
        I haven't figured out how to get the data in, yet, but getting it out
should be the same, it'll just display weird, depending on your
program/terminal mapping for the font in use.