For values headed into a SQL statement, use whatever functions are
available to you in the language (PHP, PERL, Python, Java, VB Script,...)
you are using to accept the user's input in order to make the commands you
send MySQL correct.  You just need to convert the date into "YYYY-MM-DD
hh:nn:ss" format and MySQL will be as happy as a clam.

Shawn Green
Database Administrator
Unimin Corporation - Spruce Pine