From: Jeff Smelser [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

> On Thursday 14 October 2004 03:35 pm, Stuart Felenstein wrote:
> > No :),. cause it seems that those formats are for
> > outbound, db ->.
> > I was looking for the other direction.
>
> Huh? It really doesnt matter does it? They work either way..
>
> I use those functions all the time for inbound..

It does matter, though. You can't use DATE_FORMAT() to translate
'10/14/2004' into '2004-10-14.'

It looks like what the poster wants is STR_TO_DATE() (a la
STR_TO_DATE('10/14/2004', '%m/%d/%Y'), but that's not available until
MySQL 4.1.1.

Out of curiosity, how /would/ you do this? I'm assuming you're not using
STR_TO_DATE() (as I didn't even know it existed until I just checked),
though I may be incorrect.

As the last poster said, if you're not using 4.1.1, you're better off
setting the format in the calling script. You'd assumedly need to do
some error-checking, anyway.

--
Mike Johnson             Smarter Living, Inc.
Web Developer            www.smarterliving.com