On Thursday 14 October 2004 04:00 pm, Mike Johnson wrote:
> It does matter, though. You can't use DATE_FORMAT() to translate
> '10/14/2004' into '2004-10-14.'

No, your right, that would be wrong.

> It looks like what the poster wants is STR_TO_DATE() (a la
> STR_TO_DATE('10/14/2004', '%m/%d/%Y'), but that's not available until
> MySQL 4.1.1.

Yeah..

> Out of curiosity, how /would/ you do this? I'm assuming you're not using
> STR_TO_DATE() (as I didn't even know it existed until I just checked),
> though I may be incorrect.

I did.. And its there.. but he didn't say that wasnt an option, just that he
didn't see anything think for inbound.. I was saying there was.. If he doesnt
have the version, its left to the client.. which he didn't specify.

My answers can only be as good as the questions.. He left a lot open..

Jeff