I have heard also that it helps to keep the table with the blobs having a low number
of fields.  Like just a primary key and the blob field.  Have all your other metadata
in a seperate table.  Especially if you are going to be occasionally doing queries of
just the metadata and don't want to always retrieve the image.  Comments?

I am doing some blob storage in Oracle with Cold Fusion.  Using some purcha$ed java
code to get the image in and out.  Anyone else doing coldfusion with mysql blobs?  How
do you retrieve/display the images?

--ja