You can't automatically update it, that would require triggers which are
not supported in mysql, you would need some sort of script that runs
once a day and manually uses the functions described in the linke
Bernard sent you to update the field.

However I would recommend a different table structure, 2 fields:
startDate,
endDate

Then nothing needs to be updated.  When you check in your script as to
whether the user has time left just select where endDate > NOW().  You
can compute the endDate easily when doing your insert as
DATE_ADD(startDate, INTERVAL LenChoise DAYS), so you don't need to
modify anything as far as how you present the choice to the user.

--
John A. McCaskey
Software Development Engineer