On Mon, Apr 23, 2001 at 10:33:48AM -0400, Ken Menzel wrote:

> Hi Tim, and everyone, I am moving this discussion to the main list
> (since I have questions others might be able to answer.  I copied
> the entire (short) thread so people can catch up.

[snip]

> Hmmm sounds like fun, I am going to try it on our test server.  I am
> not sure how I might go about measuring this 'overhead' of locking
> though, and if it is really that signifigant.

Another thing to consider is that you'll need to invent some sort of
load balancing system to spread the queries among the multiple MySQL
servers you'll be runnnig. You ability to do that well will also
impact the effectiveness of this solution.

Jeremy
--
Jeremy D. Zawodny, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Technical Yahoo - Yahoo Finance