Load balancing,  because I can't run two servers on the same port
either!  I have to use say 3307, 3308, 3309  and then do at least DNS
round robin,  what do you think Jeremey?  Anybody on your end have a
better idea?  Doesn't sound to me like the best solution.  I have
heard of people trying to make the linuxthreads work on FreeBSD but I
have not heard of anyone having success.  I wonder how far off the new
threads from freebsd-current are from being brought to -stable,  and
then it scares me as to what problems we will go through from there!
    I love the stability of freebsd-stable and cvsup is great,  but
lately I have been thinking of running a server on -current to see the
new stuff go and what kind of problems I might have.   If -current now
is using the new threads maybe I should just try that.

Ummm ideas?
Thanks!
Ken

Ken Menzel  ICQ# 9325188
www.icarz.com  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<snip>

> Another thing to consider is that you'll need to invent some sort of
> load balancing system to spread the queries among the multiple MySQL
> servers you'll be runnnig. You ability to do that well will also
> impact the effectiveness of this solution.
>
> Jeremy
> --
> Jeremy D. Zawodny, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Technical Yahoo - Yahoo Finance
> Desk: (408) 328-7878    Fax: (408) 530-5454
> Cell: (408) 439-9951

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>