David,

>I installed ODBC before but never got a chance to do
>much with it before my computer crashed. But I could
>have sworn there was a simple icon that I clicked to
>start it, just like a normal software program.

My recollection is that ODBC installation "normally" adds ODBCAdmin to the Start Menu, so it's probably there somewhere, but if you want a desktop icon for ODBC Administrator, right click on it in Windows Explorer and select 'Create a Shortcut'.

PB

David Blomstrom wrote:

--- Neculai Macarie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I just installed MySQL's ODBC program, but I can't
figure out how to launch it. I see no reference to
ODBC when I go to Start > Programs. The only thing
resembling an executable icon I can find is in my
Add/Remove programs directory. I did a Windows

search

and found many files named ODBC, most of them in
Windows/Prefetch and Windows/system32, but none of
them appear to be executable programs.

I posted a message on MySQL's ODBC forum but

haven't

received any replies. Does anyone know of a way to
locate ODBC's executable file and create a desktop
icon?

I think the path is to configure ODBC datasources:
%SystemRoot%\system32\odbcad32.exe

There isn't a MySQL ODBC executable as far as I
know.

--
<mack />

OK, I found it there...but how do you start it? Double clicking it just brings up all sorts of information and choices.

I installed ODBC before but never got a chance to do
much with it before my computer crashed. But I could
have sworn there was a simple icon that I clicked to
start it, just like a normal software program.

Thanks.

http://my.yahoo.com