Hi,

We have a large InnoDB table to which we recently added an index. That
index creation thread was issued a kill yesterday due to length of
time, unfortunately according to 'show innodb status' the rollback is
now 162 hrs away from completion (1 every 5 secs).

We are not using per-table tablespaces. MySQL version is 4.1.9, server
is 2x Xeon hyperthreading, 2Gb ram.

1. Can we safely kill the Linux PID of the thread doing this? What is
the risk to the data?
2. We note the server has many default settings, looks like for a
256MB machine. Can we adjust some of those mentioned in the manual for
performance tuning and see a hopefully positive effect on the time?

Many thanks,

John.