Hello,

I am fairly new to mysql and have a strange request .... I am not sure if "stored procedures" will solve this.

I have a table in a database that is constantly being updated with new information. I would like to be notified if certain information gets committed.

Lets say for example the table gets updated every time a login attempt happens regardless if it is successful or not.

So I want an app to watch the table for incorrect logins and if found to send an e-mail.

Now there are several problems with this ... first... there could be hundreds of logins so we do not want the same app to spawn multiple processes each notifying the same incorrect login attempt.

I was thinking about a cron that would run every X minute searching any newly added rows and keeping the last row id in a tmp file.

Is there a better way ?

Thanks.

Michael.