Hi!

Difficult to say if InnoDB is alpha or beta.

You can look at the bugs and fixes diary at my website www.innobase.fi,
and form your own opinion. I am committed to fix all bugs you report,
and to this day a fix has been available for any bug within 10 days.

I have got bug reports from about 20 people. Some seem to use InnoDB
under extremely heavy loads. I guess there exist many more testers who
have not reported bugs.

InnoDB seems to run best on Linux. On FreeBSD and Solaris people
have reported more problems. The Windows version should be quite good once
MySQL people get it out, since I wrote originally on Windows.

In production use the most important thing is to take backups and
keep the 'binlog' of MySQL. Customers do not want to lose their data.

If you mean by stable that it crashes at most once in a week, I guess
that Linux users have got to that position. A crash is not that bad
for InnoDB, because it recovers typically in < 30 seconds, and no repair
procedure needs to be run.

I think empirical tests are the best way to determine the stability.
And you can change between table types if there are problems. I am happy
if you test and use InnoDB. The more bugs people report, the sooner it
will be high-quality software.

Best regards,

Heikki