I use mysql 4.0.23-nt on win XP.

In order to shift some of my databases I followed the following steps as per
a recent post:
1. I moved the folders containing the database files that I wanted to move
to a new folder (from data to data2) after stopping mysql of course.
2. In the data folder I created a file named with the database (same as the
folder names that I moved) prefixed with .sym.
3. Inside each of these .sym files I enterred (typed) in the exact path of
the new folders and nothing else.
4. Restarted mysql

Now when I give show databases; at the mysql prompt, all my database names
are displayed including the ones I moved.

Here is the issue: When I use one of the databases that I had moved and
give:
show tables
I am getting an empty set.

I know the data is there because the size of the .myd files is 50 MB - well
none of the .myi or .frm file is missing or empty!
Also I noticed that the .sym files have numbers auto-enterred before the
file path I had specified - I guess it is in running mode.

So how do I see my tables on the moved databases and query on them??

Thanks in advance,
Anoop

--
Thanks and best regards,