My $.02.    As I agree SCSI has had a reputation for being
a more solid enterprise type drive, everyone's mileage varies.
We have moved to using all SATA drives in our newer
servers.  I have to admit most of our databases are smaller
than what many on this list have.  All our db's are  under
500 megs.    My reality is this.  If a SATA drive does fail,
so far only 1 over the last 18 months, it is cheap and easy
to replace.  I have all my setups raided so we have no lost
data. At the same time I have several Hitachi/IBM SCSI
drives just sitting here. Why, because we have to keep
RMAing them when they fail.  I have several that are bad
but it just takes too much time to get them replaced. It's
not worth my effort. We have even replaced whole servers
just to get away from the SCSI drives.  Of course I get bigger
nicer boxes that way.  ;-))  I have heard that many folks have
problems with the newer 10k sata drives. So far they are
running great for me with no failures. Although they have
only been running for a few months.  I'm hedging my bet
and only using those on the backup servers for now.

Morals:
 1)   Performance is more than just the drive type.
 2)   Reliability is more than just the drive type.

Good luck with whatever you decide to use.

Larry

----- Original Message ----- From: "Scott M. Grim" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>