Chris Fonnesbeck wrote:

Issuing the grant command yields an error:

mysql> GRANT ALL ON test.* TO [EMAIL PROTECTED] IDENTIFIED BY PASSWORD
'testing';
ERROR 1105 (HY000): Password hash should be a 41-digit hexadecimal number

That's my fault.  That should have been

  GRANT ALL ON test.* TO [EMAIL PROTECTED] IDENTIFIED BY 'testing';

Don't know why I threw "PASSWORD" in there.  Sorry.

Also, I tried deleting and re-creating the 'chris' user, and the same
problems arose. However, I just used the ... IDENTIFIED BY 'foobar'
syntax.

Are you saying that

  GRANT ALL ON *.* TO [EMAIL PROTECTED] IDENTIFIED BY 'foobar';

gave the same error? Or did it give a different error? If so, what error did it give?

Thanks,
C.

Michael