On Wednesday 10 August 2005 06:50 am, Daniel Kasak wrote:
> A hosting provider running 5.0.x? That's whacky.
> When you say "my access to the shell is very limited", what does that
> mean exactly? Can you ssh in and run the 'mysql' command-line client? If
> you can, then do it, and you should be able to 'select * from
> table_name' for all the tables in your database(s). Note that 'show
> databases' and 'show tables' will not work, so you have to know these
> already :)
>
> You can use the 'tee' option to output stuff to a file.
>
> I've entered a bug report at:
> http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=12475
>
> Good luck :)

Well, it's not 5.0.x, it's 4.0.25-standard. I'm not sure how the error appears
in the first place. What I notice when I open the database using phpMyadmin
is that that particular troubled table status is "in use".

I'm allowed to ssh into the server, and hopefully I can save the table one by
one as you suggested. I'll inform the result here.
Thanks.
--
Fajar Priyanto | Reg'd Linux User #327841 | http://linux2.arinet.org
10:03:25 up 35 min, Mandrakelinux release 10.2 (Limited Edition 2005) for i586