On Sun, Sep 04, 2005 at 10:08:32PM -0400, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Now I have all the users in the new mysql.user table.  But when I try
> to login, the same credentials do not work.

A bit more info on this.  This interesting error happens with GRANT:
mysql> grant all on testing.* to testing@'%' identified by 'somepassword';
ERROR 1133 (42000): Can't find any matching row in the user table
mysql> select host, user from mysql.user where user='testing';
+------+---------+
| host | user    |
+------+---------+
| %    | testing |
+------+---------+
1 row in set (0.01 sec)

But a new user works fine:
mysql> grant all on testing.* to buttface@'%' identified by 'somepassword';
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)

I can update the old user's password:
mysql> update mysql.user set password=password('somepassword') where
user='testing';
Query OK, 1 row affected (0.00 sec)

But still cannot login:
# mysql -u testing -psomepassword testing
ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'testing'@'localhost' (using
password : YES)

Thanks a ton for any suggestions!

--