Hi,

I've got a couple a questions concerning the speed of insert queries when
using the C API from MySQL. I've written an application that receives
data through a CORBA event channel and stores it in a MySQL database. The
problem is that a lot of events are dropped. I think (I'm quite sure
actually) that the MySQL database is the bottleneck because it's a slow
consumer. Now if I use a benchmark to check how many inserts the database
can handle each second is will that result be about the same as the
number of inserts the same database can handle using the C API? I guess
not. Using a MySQL server on a machine with a 1000 mhz AMD processor I can
insert 200 strings + timestamps a second through the API. Does that sound
too less or am I expecting too much? Do benchmarks or test results for the
C API exist? If someone has more experience on this or knows a place where
I can find out more, plz let me know.

Greetings,
Raf