Hello,
        I don't know whether this is a solution for you or not, but I had to
insert a lot of registers ( about 14.000.000 ) and in a first instance I
tried to do it via "INSERT"; the response was not as fast as I needed (I
don't currently have de data here). I changed the approach and, instead of
"INSERT" I made an external file and then a "LOAD DATA". The difference
between both methods is great.
        Hope this will be useful.
Best regards.