Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

TMPDIR is not set explicitly, and the first 'fallback' directory in that case
is '/tmp', which is accessible and has enough diskspace. At least, when I
checked this morning.

The error occurred in the night, maybe there were other processes that filled
the directory with temporary files. I doubt that, however.

I may need to set up some disk-usage logging.

On Wednesday 28 September 2005 20:10, Gleb Paharenko wrote:
> Hello.
>
> Maybe some directory doesn't exist in the path where MySQL stores
> temporary files. See:
>    http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/temporary-files.html
>
> Martijn van den Burg wrote:
> > Hi list,
> >
> > After the most recent reboot (which we used to increase the
> > ulimit/open_files_limit on our Solaris 8 machine running 4.1.10-log),
> > the following message has started to appear in the errorlog:
> >

> > InnoDB: Error: unable to create temporary file; errno: 2
> >

> > I have searched google and the lists for this error, but couldn't find
> > anything substantial, other then that it might have to do with the
> > setting of tmpdir (which is unset). Any ideas?

Regards,

--
</Martijn>