"lu ming" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 10/14/2005 12:20:19 AM:

> Hi, joerg
>
>     Thank you very much!
>     But i want to know more about this problem. I find a perl script
about
> mysql server's test in the mysql-test
> subdirectory(/mysql-test/mysql-test-run.pl). Is this the test script
> written by perl what could replace the shell
> script(/mysql-test/mysql-test-run.sh) in Windows mentioned in your
e-mail?
> Could it be rightly run in windows now? Or it cann't be run due to the
> unfinished work? Are the perl scripts that mentioned in your e-mail
> included in the MySQL Server's Unix source
> distributions(mysql-5.0.12-beta-linux) ? Are the perl test scripts only
> used in Mysql's internal works now?
>
> Best regards
> luming

The problems are more with Windows than with the script. The testing
script was written in BASH (I believe) which does not have an interpreter
for Windows (outside of Cygwin. However if you are inside Cygwin, you
really aren't working with Windows any more.) Several other scripting
languages do have interpreters for Windows: VBScript (d), JScript (d),
PHP, Python, PERL, and more.
(d) = installed by default.

I think that the mysql testing script is being ported from BASH into PERL
and when that happens you will have the ability to run it on any Windows
system configured to run PERL scripts. Until then, we Win32 people just
trust the binaries and avoid compiling our own copies unless we absolutely
need to.

Shawn Green
Database Administrator
Unimin Corporation - Spruce Pine