From: Marc Rossi [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, 17 November 2005 3:16 PM
To: mysql@lists.mysql.com
Subject: mysqld crash with archive engine > 2gb

I am trying to populate a table using the archive
engine that I estimate will take up ~ 8gb of disk
space when finished.  Right now I am crashing the
server as soon as my file gets to the 2gb mark.  OS is
linux and there are other files on the same filesystem
that are 30gb+ so I know the fs has support.

Any ideas?  I tried to do the ALTER TABLE xxxxx
AVG_ROW_LENGTH=x MAX_ROWS=y using inputs that would
exceed 2GB, same results.

TIA,
Marc