I'm building a new clipart site. I need to have keyword searching. I'm
seeking opinions about table design. Here are my proposed options. If
anyone has any other suggestions, please make them.

Option One
Related tables. Table one (clipart pieces) contains ClipartID and
ClipartName fields. Table two (keywords) contains KeywordID, ClipartID and
Keyword fields. This option will create an incredibly large related table
(keywords) with each piece of clipart having tens of related fields in the
keyword table. But, searching ought to be fast.

Option Two
Single table. Table one (clipart pieces) contains ClipartID, ClipartName
and Keywords fields. The Keywords field would be a long text field that
would be searched with a full-text search. Searching and maintenance would
be easier but would searching be slowed down significantly?

Please provide any input you have and make any alternate suggestions.

Robb Kerr
Digital IGUANA