Hi,

Unfortunately I need to use a query on an old MySQL (4.0.xx) and the one I currently have uses a subquery. So it works on my 4.1 but not with this 4.0. I have read in the MySQL manual that I can rewrite subqueries using joins but I don't see how with this query because I only have one table to check.

Basically all I'm doing is pulling out the most recent 10 activities stored in a table, then reversing the order so it appears oldest first, to newest (note the "$row['Assignment_ID']" is just a PHP variable):

SELECT * FROM
(SELECT * FROM tblactivities
 WHERE Assignment_ID=$row['Assignment_ID']
 ORDER BY Date DESC LIMIT 10) AS tblTemp
ORDER BY Date ASC

This works perfectly on 4.1. How can I rewrite this to get the same effect without using a subquery and so allow it to work on 4.0?

Any help gratefully recieved!

Alex