Sorry Beauford,

The url that Shawn gave you is valid for the version you quoted. There
hasn't been much change and they work just as well. This is also the
earliest documentation that now exists on the website.

What is the bad name this list has gained? I've found it helpful on
numerous occasions. I think a reconsideration of your opinions would
result in a change of heart.

The documentation states the defaults that the mysql client program
would accept, it also details how to set users and passwords exactly as
you requested. These all work on 3.23.58 (I have this version installed
at a customer site as we write). Perhaps if you detail the problems you
had installing the later versions, somebody may be able to help.

Regards

David Logan
Database Administrator
HP Managed Services