On 12/16/05, Greg Maruszeczka <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Dotan Cohen wrote:
> > I keep a lot of personal information in a MySQL database. I have a few
> > querys premade for the wife to use, but we have gotten to the point
> > where we need a solution for her to be able to run her own queries.
> > She is NOT about to learn SQL, and myPHPadmin is a little too
> > compicated. I looked at an Access installation the other day and it
> > seemed to be just what we need- a GUI for non-programmers to use a
> > database. Is there any such beast for MySQL? Anthing that will run on
> > Fedora Core 4 would be great. Or even a web-based solution would be
> > fine- I do have apache on localhost.
> >

> Check out Open Office 2.0 and its Base app, available in windows and
> *nix versions. I think it can use MySQL through either ODBC or JDBC
> connectors, though I haven't played with it much (yet) to evaluate it.

Thanks, I will take a look at it. I thought that Base uses it's own
database backend- otherwise whoever wants to install a complete OO
package must then also install mysql. We already use OO apps (Writer
and Calc), so this is not a problem.

Dotan
http://technology-sleuth.com/technical_answer/what_are_the_advantages_of_lcd_monitors.html
: