I thought I found the reason for my problems with the change in "join"-behaviour in mysql 5, but Iwas wrong :( there is more trouble :(

my replications hangs with simple queries like "insert into table (a,b,c) values (1,2,3)" on a myisam-table. It just hangs forever with no cpu-load on the slave. I have to kill and restart mysql with the following commands:

killall -9 mysqld;sleep 2;mysqladmin shutdown;sleep 5;/etc/init.d/mysql start;sleep 2;mysql -e 'slave start'

I can find the changed row in the table, so the query was processed correctly. Then it runs again for some time and hangs again with some other simple insert.

I disabled innodb, cluster, took out all my variables out of my.cnf except
max_allowed_packet = 16M which I need for the replication to work and I have no clue what the reason for my problem is.

what else could I try?