For some reason, MySQL 4.0.18 has suddenly stopped running and will not
start anymore.

It has been running for several weeks until about 5 days ago.  When I tried
to reach it, I discovered that it is no longer running.   However,
attempting to start it via the mysqld_safe script simply returns with:

Starting mysqld daemon with databases from /usr/local/mysql/data
060402 18:49:55  mysqld ended

[1]    Done                          ./mysqld_safe --user mysql

To confirm, the /tmp/mysql.sock file does not exist at this point.

Any ideas on how to get this running again?

Sachin

--
Sachin Petkar
Email : [EMAIL PROTECTED]