On 08.04.2006 23:14 (+0100), Eric Braswell wrote:
> Yves Goergen wrote:
>> How can I enter multiple IP addresses there? This isn't documented
>> online. I need to bind it to one specific external address and
>> additionally to localhost (127.0.0.1). The other server is only bound to
>> another external address.
>
> Why do you want to do this?

Currently, I have one IP address on my server, with one MySQL server. In
the near future, I'll have a server with multiple IP addresses and I'm
going to install MySQL 4.0 and 5.0 in parallel. My first design was to
use different ports for both servers, but that's always a little
complicated to configure for the clients. Now I want to use one IP for
one MySQL server. Both are external addresses, which can be assigned
with a DNS name for simple access. But the 4.0 server still has some
system tasks and also for legacy reasons, I'd like to keep the 4.0
server listening on the localhost interface. This also allows me to
assign more strict access rights for these system-related tasks. They
can be limited to the local host instead of any host.

--
Yves Goergen "LonelyPixel" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
"Does the movement of the trees make the wind blow?"