WCBaker wrote:
> Wrong.  As the MySQL Development Team suggested, this is a quesiton for
PHP
> people.   THe message "Header files not found at ...... "   has nothing to
> do with MySQL.  This is a header that is being generated (HTML HEADERS).
> Therefore, at the TOP of a (PHP) script file you are saying something like
> include("../ip_address.php4");  , it goes out and looks for the file
> specified (in this case ip_address.php4) and doesn't find it.   This is a
> PHP problem and it is caused because you are promising a file that you are
> not giving it.

    While this is a question for the PHP mailing lists, your answer is not
    correct. The user clearly stated that he was encountering the error
    when running configure, not when parsing a PHP page. It has nothing to
    do with include, require, or any other snippet of PHP code.

    Justin: You need to find the directory that contains mysql.h
    Try the following command:

        locate mysql.h | egrep "include/(mysql/)?mysql.h$"

        You are likely to get at least 5 to 10 listings.
        Look for the one that is in a mysql directory

        Something like:
        /usr/local/mysql/include/mysql.h

        Try use the part of the directory that does not match
        include/mysql/mysql.h or include/mysql.h

    If this doesn't sort you out, mail [EMAIL PROTECTED]
    (and CC me on the message).

    Ciao,

    Zak Greant
    Freelance Designer / Programmer / Writer

    PHP QA Team Member
    http://qa.php.net/

    Canadian? Interested in the environment?
    Please visit http://www.energyrevolution.net/

    Am I working on a project for or with you?
    Check http://calendar.yahoo.ca/jagreant