Hi,

I heard something about a master election feature or something that will decide if a
server
would act as master or slave in a mysql replication "cluster"..

But that was for version 4.0 ?

I'm currently trying to set up a solution where all mysql machines starts up with no
slave or
master running and then a monitoring script is choosing the server that should be
master..
and starts the slave on the other ones. And to let the clients always connect to the
current
master I've like a masterdb hostname in a internal dns zone which always points to the
correct
master..

And when a master goes offline, the next slave in the list (which is up-to-date with
the binlog from
the master that was stopped) will be chosen as master..

I want to hear from you that have solutions like the one above running..  and tips and
if there is
some things that may not work etc..

Regards,
Johan Andersson