On 30.05.2006 16:28 (+0100), Joerg Bruehe wrote:
> To find out whether your server(s) support(s) or not, you need to check
> the corresponding variables. All this is described in the manual,
> section "5.9.7. Using Secure Connections":

I still think that the client should actually inform me when I select
"use SSL" and it doesn't.

Now I think I managed to make MySQL 5 accept SSL connections, at least
that have_openssl variable has turned from DISABLED to YES. I added an
SSL certificate to the my.cnf file. But now I can only connect to the
server from Query Browser without the SSL checkbox. When it's checked,
it says "Could not connect to the specified instance. MySQL Error Number
0" The ping works fine, without SSL I can connect to the server.

--
Yves Goergen "LonelyPixel" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://beta.unclassified.de – My web laboratory.