Hi Dan
  I've set the permissions to 777 for all the files and directories. Basically
I did chmod -R 777 sfgnew. Also changed the ownership to mysql using chown -R
mysql:mysql sfgnew.

  Thanks!

Dan Buettner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  Murthy, do you have appropriate permissions (777 works, or 775/770 if
owned by mysql user) on your new directory ('sfgnew')? If you don't
have execute permission for the mysql user on that dir, MySQL can't list
the contents ...

Dan