At 14:38 -0500 22/6/06, mos wrote:
If you want a more thorough book on PHP & MySQL there is:

PHP and MySQL Web Development (3rd Edition) (Developer's Library) (Paperback)
by Luke Welling, Laura Thomson

I can't speak about the third edition, as I got started using what appears to be the first. It was indeed a nice quick way to get going, but I quite quickly realised that if you took it literally you ended up with some rather sloppy code - not so much sloppy PHP as PHP that generated sloppy HTML.

I hope this has changed in subsequent editions, but it may be something to look out for.

--
Cheers... Chris
Highway 57 Web Development -- http://highway57.co.uk/

Some speakers electrify their listeners, others only gas them.
   -- Sydney Smith