At 02:35 PM 7/9/2006, mos wrote:

I have a complicated SQL statement with around a dozen "if(this,val1,val2)" embedded in it and there are even nested If clauses. I'm getting syntax errors because I'm not balancing the "( )" properly. Is there any free software out there for Windows that I can copy and paste the SQL statement into that will show me where the parenthesis are unbalanced? It doesn't have to know about SQL, I just to either highlight the parenthesis range or find out when the parenthesis become out of sync.

TIA
(Mike))

Mike,

EditPlus will match parentheses; I think the latest version of UltraEdit does as well.
It is a real help at times.

Cheers - Miles Thompson