hi, Chris

I'm sure it will, what makes you think it won't?
Because some paper say that when the row is deleted or update, Innodb
just make a mark that the row is deleted and it didn't delete the
rows. I can't find more information about the re-use tablespace. Can
you give me more?

Regards,
Leo Huang

2006/7/27, Chris <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
leo huang wrote:
> hi, Chris
>
> Thank you for your advice!
>
> I know that Innodb use the logfiles circularly. Can Innodb re-use  the
> deleted rows' disk space in tablespace?

I'm sure it will, what makes you think it won't?

You might need an 'optimize table' or something to see a reduction in
the on disk file size but mysql will reclaim that space as it needs to.