leo huang wrote:
hi, Chris

I'm sure it will, what makes you think it won't?
Because some paper say that when the row is deleted or update, Innodb
just make a mark that the row is deleted and it didn't delete the
rows. I can't find more information about the re-use tablespace. Can
you give me more?

That's the way MVCC works. If you need full acid/transaction support, that's the only way it can do it (postgresql works exactly the same way). It can't just delete the row because you might roll back the transaction and it will have to undo that delete, or other transactions might be using it for whatever purpose.

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/innodb-multi-versioning.html
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/file-space-management.html