Thanks for the info.  I think that problem was the fact I only had a couple of
records.  When creating the FULLINDEX field, does anything else happen to the
field, other than the fact you can search FULLINDEX.  The reason I ask is
because I have about 1600 text fields which I want to apply this to.

Thanks
Neil

> Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 12:34:10 +1000> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: [EMAIL
> PROTECTED]> CC: mysql@lists.mysql.com> Subject: Re: Search Engine type
> search> > Neil Tompkins wrote:> > I followed the instructions, but when doing
> a search I get no results returned.  here is my table> >  CREATE TABLE
> /*!32300 IF NOT EXISTS*/ MyTest (  id int(10) unsigned NOT NULL
> auto_increment,  title varchar(200) ,  body text ,  PRIMARY KEY (id),  INDEX
> title (title,body));> >  > >  > > I created FULL INDEX, but for some reason
> it is not showing above ?> > Do a show create table tablename;> > does it
> show up then?> > > A full text index will only be used once a table is
> populated (less than > 3 or 4 rows it won't use it at all).> > See
> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/fulltext-search.html> and>
> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/fulltext-restrictions.html> > and
> finally some words will not be included in a full text search >
> automatically:>
> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/fulltext-stopwords.html> > -- > MySQL
  • ... Neil Tompkins
    • ... Renato Golin
    • ... Dave Shariff Yadallee - System Administrator a.k.a. The Root of the Problem
    • ... Neil Tompkins
    • ... Neil Tompkins
    • ... Neil Tompkins
      • ... Renato Golin