Sommai,

I have developed InnoDB on a computer with 32 MB memory and 1.2 GB disk.
You can run it on 64 MB, but be careful when you specify the buffer pool,
key cache and other memory pool parameters in my.cnf, so that you do not run
out of physical memory. If Linux has to swap to disk, it can be very slow.

You can look at instructions on how to specify my.cnf parameters at

http://www.innobase.fi/ibman.html

There is no need to wait for MySQL-4.0. New features are introduced
to InnoDB 3.23.3x as I can write them, none will wait for 4.0.

Regards,

Heikki
Innobase Oy