Hello,

Depending on the characteristics of the data and baring dependencies on
specific features like FKs or complex JOINs, you may want to take a look at
MySQL Cluster.

MySQL Cluster supports in-memory and disk-based databases. So, it may give
you the high-performance characteristics you are looking for, with the added
benefit of high availability.

More info at: http://www.mysql.com/products/database/cluster/

Thanks,

Jimmy Guerrero