On 2/22/07, Jay Pipes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I do see your point about the sockets layer/client protocol and that
language is being removed/has been removed from our website because it
has been, as you point out, a source of confusion; I will agree with you
there.

There is one more piece of very confusing information to more people. I know
what it means, but directly it is confusing.

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/internals/en/licensing-notice.html

"Therefore if you use this description to write a program, you must release
your program as GPL."

Under any type of law, how does this even hold water? The GPL is about
distribution of software or a work, not a NDA. This type of statement should
never have been made.