Hi Folks,

I am putting together a table to hold log entries. I was going to index it on a field with a type of TimeStamp. Unfortunately this will not suit my needs because I could have more than one log entry per second. As far as my (limited) knowledge goes I have two options to get around this:

A) One character string contain a string I build with the date and milliseconds tagged onto the end
b) Two separate fields  Field1 TimeStamp  Field2 Milliseconds

I am leaning towards approach B, but saying that it's more gut instinct than anything else. My questions are:

1) Is there some a better way to achieve what I want ?
2) Which of the two methods above would/do you use ?

I am using PHP to access the database and I am fairly new to both PHP and MySQL.

TIA,
 JC