> Yes -- sorry for being so  general.  You can use the binlogs for a)
> replication b) replaying changes since your last backup so you get
> point-in-time recovery.  If you have no replication slaves, just delete
> everything older than your latest backup.  You  can just use 'rm'.  If
> you use PURGE MASTER LOGS BEFORE, it's a bit easier than cron because
> you can do it across all platforms easily.  On UNIX of course, you'd use
> something like
>
> find /var/lib/mysql/data -name "*.bin" -mtime +7 -exec rm {} \
>
> (My find syntax is guaranteed to be wrong there... don't run that as I
> typed it).
>
> But if you do it via SQL, you don't have to mess with this.

Thanks!
So, I take it since I do not have a slave at all, I could safely just
disable this feature altogether?

If I do not need point in time recovery, and the once every 12 hour dump I
do across all databases is ok with me, I suppose I can just disable said
feature?  Heck, some of these boogers are a GB each :-)