Thanks - that's what I thought. I really don't have much experience with mySQL. If it's not too much trouble, could someone give me a bit more help on how to do that please?

Ed.

no, those won't match based on just the datatype change..  you will
have to define a user defined function to do those comparisons.

On 6/14/07, Edward Quick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Thanks, that's interesting. Actually the uc.ID column is still type tinyint as it holds only one number, but are you saying if I change this to varchar
my query will work e.g. 15 = 15:17 would work?