You are more altruistic than I can ever be.

Every time I go through a nameless fast-food drive-through (too often, based
on my girth), they offer me a chance to win $1,000 if I complete a survey.
I never take those surveys.

Reasons:

a)If, for example, 10,000 people take the survey and the payout is $1,000,
that means on average I get $0.10 for taking the survey.  Not enough.

b)I have no evidence that payouts are ever made.  For all I know, the fast
food chain offers everybody $1,000 and pays nobody (no way to verify).

A "chance to win" isn't tangible.  My stance on those things is always
"reward first, then I take the survey".

Dave.